Electronic Blue Slip
Before you go to the Secretary of State facility to apply for a drivers license check on-line to determine if you have been approved for licensing. Click here. You must have successfully completed driver’s education, both the classroom and the driving.
When you go to the Secretary of State facility to apply for a driver’s license and you are under age 18 but at least 16 you must take the following items:
- Your valid instruction permit, that is at least 9 months and one day old.
- Your certified birth certificate (no copies, must be an original).
- Your social security card (must be the actual card).
- Two acceptable forms of residency (examples: letter from the school, or a telephone statement and driver’s license of a parent if that parent has the same last name and lives at the same residence.)
- Your 50 hour certification form, completed.
- A valid insurance card for the vehicle you will be using to take the driving test. Vehicles are not supplied by the state.
You will not have to take the driving test (unless your birthday is on a spot check date) if you get an A or B in the classroom and you have your CDTP test form from your driving instructor.